importing/linking excel fields into access

Data

Is there a way to import only certain cells within excel and not an entire excel worksheet into access. These specific cells within one file are all totals of a list of costs incurred and these totals are all owned by one unique id (product id, which is listed within the excel spreadsheet). Although, there are multiple spreadsheets that I need to pull this data from (one spreadsheet for each product code). A person inputs the data (costs) for this specific product into this standard excel spreadsheet, the spreadsheet calculates the totals. The position of the specific cells can possibly change depending on how many different costs are involved, therefore adding rows to the spreadsheet. I would like to create a table that pulls these cells from excel and uses the product id as a primary key which can then be linked to another table within access. I'm a little inexperienced with access. I hope someone can help! Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt3388

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back