Importing excel 2000 worksheet into Access 2000

Jegacats

Board Regular
I've done this many times but for some reason I can't do it anymore. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
I have a spreadsheet that I saved from the Internet. I saved it in text format. I opened it in excel in delimited format. So far so good.
I created a db in Access and clicked on file, get external data,import. I selected my excel file and nothing happened. No message nothing. So I tried to get the external text file and still nothing. Can anyone help me. I even tried to type in several items, save and get external data and still nothing. I'm stumped.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
OK I made a small spreadsheet and tried to import it - got the same results - nothing.
I ran the repair, still nothing. I reinstalled Access 2000 (without uninstalling). Now I get a message "There is no object in this control. I also followed the instructions on the article you refered me to. When i do the 6th step I get an error message that it can't find the regsvr32 or its components. I did a find and I do have the necessities (I think)
Any other ideas. Meanwhile I think I will uninstall the whole thing, run Office clean and start all over again.

Upvote 0
Well, I uninstalled all ran office clean and still had the same results. I decided to install service release 2 (sp2). When I did this it told me I hadn't sp1 even though when I checked the version I had Ms Office 2000 sp-1. I reinstalled sp1 and then sp2 and lo and behold everything came back to normal. I don't understand what happened. It worked before with just plain old MS Office 2000 installation. The only thing I can imagine it being is: When I installed MS Project 2000 for my studies, a lot of my Office Programs worked a little funny. This might have been one of the "funny" things.
I hope this might help someone else in the future. Again I repeat this is a great place to get solutions. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MNexcelguy19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back