Importing csv file using saved text specification layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeloo0505

Board Regular
Hello..

I am trying to code the importing of a .csv file using a text specification I already created within the Database using Import/Advanced/SaveAS..
when I run the following code I get an error stating:
Runtime error: 3625
"the text file specification 'DowntimeToolImportLayout' does not exist. You cannot import, export, or link using this specification. I have checked the spelling and ensure the 'DowntimeToolImportLayout' is there.. it's listed in the SPECS listing when importing a new file. The line of code is:

docmd.transfertext acImportDelim, "DowntimeToolImportLayout", "tblDowntimeToolImport", "K:\fixed\data\downtime\cust_ord_post\20031008_cust_ord_post_2042_p1.csv", True, "", 28591

Anyone have any ideas?
leeloo0505

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
I should add..I am coding this in Excel so a user who does not have Access can import the outside .csv into the DB.. once I get that then I do know how to pull the needed data into Excel.. I just can't get Excel to read the text file specification that is created in the DB I have successfully opened in earlier code.
I put the code straight in Access and it works fine, adjusted my references in Excel to include MS Access Objects but still will not work from Excel?

Thanks,
leeloo

Upvote 0
Hi,

Please don't post the same questions to different forums - it leads to people wasting their time duplicating an answer. I've replied to the thread you posted in the Excel forum so please keep the discussion going there.

Dan

Upvote 0
Sorry Dan for the multiple posts but I got a private message in all caps (yelling I presume) to put this on the Excel board.. sorry for the confusion.

Upvote 0
Hello,

Indeed this thread is locked, here's the discussion in question:

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=65726

No worries leeloo. We do like to keep the same discussion in one dialogue, a thread, if you will. If someone's sending you PMs about moving a thread and you believe they are correct, please contact an administrator or moderator and the thread will be moved. If you don't agree, please respond to the sender, only if you want to, as courteously as possible and/or contact an administrator or moderator regarding the matter.

Also, for those telling others where their posts really belong, perhaps a discussion with an administrator or moderator is more appropriate, versus unilateral action, which in this case lead to duplicate threads, probably more dysfunctional.

This is a great board, thanks everyone. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBulinski1975

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back