Import tables from Access 2002 into Access 97

MelanieB

We have a database that was created in Access 2002. We need to open the tables in Access 97. There are 19 tables. I realize we can export each table separately, but with 19 tables that need to be updated every week, this is pretty time consuming. I don't know anything about writing code, but I would think someone would know how I can do this task easier than selecting each table in 2002 and File, Export...

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Instead of importing or copying, have you tried just linking the tables from one database to the other? The nice thing about linking them is that a change in one place changes the value in both.

From the Tables Object view, simply right click anywhere and select "Link Tables".

I am not sure if going down from Access 2002 to Access 1997 will cause problems. I wouldn't think so, in something as basic as a data table, but I am not certain and no way of testing that on my system.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back