IFS with OR Formula not working

Excellent022

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a deliverable tracker that I need to update in include "unpaid" as a final status. My spreadsheet worked with the following formula:
=IFS([@[Deliverable Accepted 1?]]="","Pending",[@[Deliverable Accepted 1?]]="N/A","N/A",OR([@[Deliverable Accepted 1?]]="Yes",[@[Deliverable Accepted 2?]]="Yes",[@[Deliverable Accepted 3?]]="Yes"),"Yes",OR([@[Deliverable Accepted 1?]]="Monitor",[@[Deliverable Accepted 2?]]="Monitor",[@[Deliverable Accepted 3?]]="Monitor"),"Monitor",[@[Deliverable Accepted 1?]]="No","No")

However, when I added "unpaid" as a data validation list option to the last Deliverable status column (Deliverable Accepted 1?) and updated to formula to the following, it keeps the result cell "no".

=IFS([@[Deliverable Accepted 1?]]="","Pending",[@[Deliverable Accepted 1?]]="N/A","N/A",OR([@[Deliverable Accepted 1?]]="Yes",[@[Deliverable Accepted 2?]]="Yes",[@[Deliverable Accepted 3?]]="Yes"),"Yes",OR([@[Deliverable Accepted 1?]]="Monitor",[@[Deliverable Accepted 2?]]="Monitor",[@[Deliverable Accepted 3?]]="Monitor"),"Monitor",OR([@[Deliverable Accepted 1?]]="No",[@[Deliverable Accepted 2?]]="No",[@[Deliverable Accepted 3?]]="No"),"No",[@[Deliverable Accepted 3?]]="Unpaid","Unpaid")

Here's what my new formula returns:

Final StatusDeliverable Accepted 1?Deliverable Accepted 2?Deliverable Accepted 3?
YesNoNoYes
NoNoNoNo
MonitorNoMonitor
NoNoNoUnpaid
MonitorMonitorMonitorUnpaid

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Ur formula is correct, it's just that the priority of "UNPAID" must be the earliest if you want that kind of result, like this

Excel Formula:
=IFS([@[Deliverable Accepted 3?]]="Unpaid","Unpaid",[@[Deliverable Accepted 1?]]="","Pending",[@[Deliverable Accepted 1?]]="N/A","N/A",OR([@[Deliverable Accepted 1?]]="Yes",[@[Deliverable Accepted 2?]]="Yes",[@[Deliverable Accepted 3?]]="Yes"),"Yes",OR([@[Deliverable Accepted 1?]]="Monitor",[@[Deliverable Accepted 2?]]="Monitor",[@[Deliverable Accepted 3?]]="Monitor"),"Monitor",OR([@[Deliverable Accepted 1?]]="No",[@[Deliverable Accepted 2?]]="No",[@[Deliverable Accepted 3?]]="No"),"No")

1720066586197.png

Upvote 0
Are you sure its not just a matter of taking the last status running from left to right ?

Book1
ABCD
1Final StatusDeliverable Accepted 1?Deliverable Accepted 2?Deliverable Accepted 3?
2YesNoNoYes
3NoNoNoNo
4MonitorNoMonitor
5UnpaidNoNoUnpaid
6UnpaidMonitorMonitorUnpaid
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2:A6A2=XLOOKUP(1,--($B2:$D2<>""),$B2:$D2,"N/A",0,-1)

Upvote 0
Are you sure its not just a matter of taking the last status running from left to right ?

Book1
ABCD
1Final StatusDeliverable Accepted 1?Deliverable Accepted 2?Deliverable Accepted 3?
2YesNoNoYes
3NoNoNoNo
4MonitorNoMonitor
5UnpaidNoNoUnpaid
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2:A6A2=XLOOKUP(1,--($B2:$D2<>""),$B2:$D2,"N/A",0,-1)
This is a much simpler formula; however, in my spreadsheet I have review dates in between the "deliverable acceptable" columns--three columns in between each. Is there a way to exclude those columns from the range?

Upvote 0
See if this works for you:
(It assumes that you want the columns that start with the word "Accepted")

20240705 2D Lookup Excellent022.xlsx
ABCDEFGHIJ
1Final StatusAccepted 1?Returned Date:Date Received 2:Reviewed Date 2:Accepted 2?Returned Date 2:Date Received 3:Reviewed Date 3:Accepted 3?
2YesNoNoYes
3NoNoNoNo
4MonitorNoMonitor
5UnpaidNoNoUnpaid
Later v02
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2:A6A2=XLOOKUP(1,(LEFT($B$1:$J$1,8)="Accepted")*($B2:$J2<>""),$B2:$J2,"",0,-1)

Upvote 0
Solution
Or try this:

Book1
ABCDEFGHIJ
1Final StatusAccepted 1?Returned Date:Date Received 2:Reviewed Date 2:Accepted 2?Returned Date 2:Date Received 3:Reviewed Date 3:Accepted 3?
2YesNoNoYes
3NoNoNoNo
4MonitorNoMonitor
5NoNoNoUnpaid
6MonitorMonitorMonitorUnpaid
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2:A6A2=XLOOKUP(1,(LEFT($B$1:$J$1,8)="Accepted")*($B2:$J2<>"")*($B2:$J2<>"Unpaid"),$B2:$J2,"",0,-1)

Upvote 0
See if this works for you:
(It assumes that you want the columns that start with the word "Accepted")

20240705 2D Lookup Excellent022.xlsx
ABCDEFGHIJ
2YesNoNoYes
3NoNoNoNo
4MonitorNoMonitor
5UnpaidNoNoUnpaid
Later v02
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2:A6A2=XLOOKUP(1,(LEFT($B$1:$J$1,8)="Accepted")*($B2:$J2<>""),$B2:$J2,"",0,-1)
Yep, that worked! Thanks for simplifying it for me. Love that I can add other statuses if needed.

Upvote 0
Glad we could help. It's always good to show us a sample that has the characteristics of your real data. We are generally looking for patterns and data types.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back