Ideas on how to better accomplish this

spectraflame

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a form that allows the user to populate a combo box (cboDept) of the desired department based on a query. Once that department is chosen, I have another combo box (cobInven1) that executes a query based on the department. The contents of this box display inventory items for only that department. I then have another combo box for order classification (cboClass1) with the choices of Maintenance or Capital. I now need to populate a Item Charge Code combo box (cobItemCharge1) and an employee labor number combo box (cboLabor1) based on all of these items.

I hope this makes sense.

If I choose Electric for my department, the only Inventory items that I can select are from the Electric department. Then I will select Maintenance for the job classification. Now my ItemCharge1 box is populated with the charge number for my specific inventory item for a maintenenace order and my labor box is populated with the larbor charge numbers based on the inventory item and the classification.

I already have an inventory table that lists the inventory item, description, maintenace charge number, and capital charge number. I also have a table for Labor based on job classification and department.

I hope that this is somewhat easy to understand. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have tried writing queries that would refresh based on content of other combo boxes, but I have not been successful.

Thanks,
Matthew

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Actually the first link will point me in the right direction. I realize that I am asking a lot of the application and things could be simplified by just having my users choose items from a large combo box, but my users are lazy.

Thanks again,
Matthew

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LizN

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back