Icon Sets using words

Analyze_This

Board Regular
Good afternoon everyone

Is there a way to get Icon sets to populate (I'm using the 3 symbols one) based on word values instead of number values? "Yes", "No", and "N/A" are the only words that appear and I'd like to use Icon sets instead of just color formatting. Any thoughts?

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Good afternoon everyone

Is there a way to get Icon sets to populate (I'm using the 3 symbols one) based on word values instead of number values? "Yes", "No", and "N/A" are the only words that appear and I'd like to use Icon sets instead of just color formatting. Any thoughts?

What if you insert a row after the values and use something like: =IFERROR(IF(A1="#N/A","3",IF(A1="Yes",1,"2")),"3") so that Yes=1, No=2, and #N/A=3? The only problem is that I'm not sure how to base the conditional formatting off another cell. I am trying to solve that myself. I thought if you knew how this would be helpful. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Thanks Guitarfool, but I really didn't want to add in additonal things just to get it to work. Just a question to see if it could be done. Oh, and you can just reference another cell for conditional formatting by going to "manage rules" and referencing the additional cell in the equation

Upvote 0
I know what you mean. The extra formulas can bog down the processing time of a workbook. I'll give what you told me a try.

Upvote 0
If you're having trouble, just send me a private message with you're email address and I'll send over a worksheet with an example of your request.

Upvote 0
I would but my job's email system doesn't accept emails from certain email addresses. Thanks though. I'm sure I'll figure it out somehow.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back