Icon sets used for date expiry's

rhyse1977

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help.

I have dates that i want to use the icons against to show the green tick when they have more than 60 days untill the date in question, the yellow ! for when they have 30 days, and the red x for when they are overdue.

I tried using the formula =today()-60 and =today()-30, to get the result, but everything just shows as a tick.

look forward to hearing your solutions, and thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Most people at this time of the day are working and don't always have the leeway to check these forums, so there's no need to keep bumping the post...

The formulas you're using only go in the past, you need to reverse it if you want to find out "what if" for the future. If you have the due date in B2, you can use the following formula:

=B2-TODAY()

So if you then go to Conditional Formats > Icon Sets > More Rules and set green for >=60, set yellow for >= 0 days, and it will default red to <0 days, which would be over due.

Upvote 0
Sorry i was being a little impatiant as i wanted to get it finished for a meeting i had that day.
I didnt manage to sort it out in the end and just used the old way of doing it, with the colouring of cells.

However now i have a bit more time i'd like to try and get this working. I have had a look at what you listed as the resolve above, but i cant get it working. ive attached the spreadsheet below, so hoping someone can solve it for me.

Just to reiterate, i need the end date to show the tick when more there is more than a month left, the ! when there is a month and the x when its gone past the end date.

thanks in advance for any help i might get

Code:
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 495pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=660><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 101pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4937" width=135><COL style="WIDTH: 229pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 11154" width=305><COL style="WIDTH: 82pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3986" width=109><COL style="WIDTH: 83pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4059" width=111><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 30.75pt" height=41><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 101pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri; BACKGROUND: #0070c0; HEIGHT: 30.75pt; COLOR: white; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; TEXT-DECORATION: none; text-underline-style: none; text-line-through: none; mso-pattern: black none" id=td_post_2684021 class=xl64 height=41 width=135>Suppliers Name</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 229pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri; BACKGROUND: #0070c0; COLOR: white; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; TEXT-DECORATION: none; text-underline-style: none; text-line-through: none; mso-pattern: black none" class=xl64 width=305>Description</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 82pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri; BACKGROUND: #0070c0; COLOR: white; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; TEXT-DECORATION: none; text-underline-style: none; text-line-through: none; mso-pattern: black none" class=xl63 width=109>Start Date</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; WIDTH: 83pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri; BACKGROUND: #0070c0; COLOR: white; FONT-SIZE: 11pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; TEXT-DECORATION: none; text-underline-style: none; text-line-through: none; mso-pattern: black none" class=xl63 width=111>End Date</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #95b3d7 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri; BACKGROUND: #dbe5f1; HEIGHT: 15pt; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; TEXT-DECORATION: none; text-underline-style: none; text-line-through: none; mso-pattern: #DBE5F1 none" class=xl65 height=20>Power testing limited</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #95b3d7 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri; BACKGROUND: #dbe5f1; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; TEXT-DECORATION: none; text-underline-style: none; text-line-through: none; mso-pattern: #DBE5F1 none" class=xl65>Service of HV switchgear</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #95b3d7 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri; BACKGROUND: #dbe5f1; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; TEXT-DECORATION: none; text-underline-style: none; text-line-through: none; mso-pattern: #DBE5F1 none" class=xl66>12/03/2011</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #95b3d7 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #e0dfe3; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri; BACKGROUND: #dbe5f1; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; BORDER-TOP: #e0dfe3; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; BORDER-RIGHT: #e0dfe3; TEXT-DECORATION: none; text-underline-style: none; text-line-through: none; mso-pattern: #DBE5F1 none" class=xl66>11/03/2012

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noithatanthien

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back