I wish to make a VBA program available, free of charge

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Hi,

You can put it somewhere on the internet and post a link to it. Or put a link in your signature like I did.

kind regards,
Erik

Where do I post the link?

Alternatively, if I put a link in my signature (have I accomplished this below?) how do MrExcel users find out about it?

I notice the links in the previous reply do not look like URLs. How can I make them look like that, but still act like a URL?

http://sites.google.com/site/FreeVbaExcelProgs

Last edited:
Unfortunately it won't automatically promote itself (at first anyway). You could post topic in the lounge referring to it but it will only stay visible for a few weeks. Put it in your signature and people will only see it if you actively contribute to the forum.

It all depends as to how much effort you want to put in to promoting it. Also what it does is going to be a major factor as to where is going to best to advertise/promote it.

Re the link...type the text that you want the link to appear like, highlight it and then click the "Insert Link" button and paste the URL into the dialogue and it will appear how you want:

This is the link I want

Dom

Last edited:
Hi,

If you post it, and people like it, maybe it'll make it to the HOF

Cycle,

Can you post more about what your program does and what it is for. One of the best ways to make it so that people want your product is to tell them what it does. Just saying that it is a VBA program doesn't tell me much. Make sure that the description that you come up with uses laymen terms for people like me who don't know a lot about VBA but might be interested in trying your program. I have been wanting to get into VBA a for a while now but have never really had the time to learn...is your program something that would be good for a newbie or is it somewhat advanced?

Right now I am in Afghanistan and I can't get to the link that you posted to download the program and my other time on the internet is rather limited so if you can tell me more about your program I may look it up if I think that it will be something that is useful to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back