I want to access another Database from another Database?

afs24

Board Regular
I have a database I'm using for a certain program and I want to be able to open up another database from that program (main objective)?

Additionally, if I want to go back to the inital database I want to be able to do that as easily and user friendly as possilbe. I usally use the close form option on the form to go back but if I do that in the other database will it go back to another form in that database or will it go back to the other database?

thank you

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Hi afs24,

Would it be possible for you to move all the forms and querries from one db to the other, and then insert linked tables with the same names as the tables on the db from which you moved them?

Then moving between the two won't be any big deal, and your data can remain as it is.

HTH,

Upvote 0
Yes I probably could but I would rather find an alternative way if it's possible? I used a hyperlink to open the other database but when I close out of that database the inital database is minimized. I want it to be open for user freindly purposes? Any other suggestions!?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nithchun

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back