I need to import word files into Access

Marmaduke

I have over 200 word documents that have similar titles that I would like to catorgorize and help me bring up easier. Is it possible to just import the files into Access and if so can some one please explain how to do this.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Take a look at design view of a table, one of the "Data Type" options is OLE object. Here you can set up a field for each document combined with other fields to allow you to categorize.

After creating the field I right clicked on the cell and selected Insert object, then chose create from file to select the word document. If you check off "link" I think changes will be reflected back to the original but if you leave it unchecked you can make changes from Access.

Ziggy

Upvote 0
You can use a program called Monarch Pro to parse out the data you want to import. You can then easily export it as a text file, excel etc and then it can easily be imported into access.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyFlower

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back