I am new to excel and don't know where to get help with this?

hp801

I have 3 sheets that I am working with. Sheet one has parts numbers in cell range A1 to R768 not all cells have part numbers in them. The part numbers in column A1 are all the newest models and B through R have models that preceded these in order of replacement. Sheet 2 has the models that are in the A column only and to the right of each of these in cells B to M is a listing of items that might be required to make the item in A work as a replacement, one word per cell if that matters. On Sheet 3 I would like to have a query sheet I would like to be able to type any part number from Sheet one into a box and hit enter and below the query a few cells down I would like to see the part numbers from Sheet 1 that are substitutes show in order vertically newest to oldest. Beside the newest I would like to see the information from Sheet 2 from rob B to M that matches the newest part number. I hope someone can make sense out of this or requests a sample to help. Thank you.

<colgroup><col width="136" style="width: 102pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4973;" span="2"> <col width="132" style="width: 99pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4827;" span="2"> <col width="135" style="width: 101pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4937;"> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt;" span="8"> <tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
hi - welcome to the board.

Sounds do-able with a bunch of lookups or similar, or maybe some vba.

Don't usually suggest this, but can you load up a file to dropbox or similar - will make developing a solution a bit easier in this case.

Upvote 0
Sorry I must be too new to even know how to share the file in my dropbox, it is asking for an email address?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brainsanquine

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back