I actually need to show duplicates in pivot tables

matts12

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there I have a table containing the following headers. Invoice number. Customer. Amount Date Issued.
When I set up my pivot table I have in the first column. Years, Date Issued (months), and customer.
The second column in values section I have invoice number.
The third column I have amount.
And the last column I have Date Issued where it shows the actual day the invoice was issued.
Now setting up that way works exactly how I want it to work, however when I get a repeat customer in a certain month, it doesn't show me the duplicates. Instead it shows the customer once and totals the invoice numbers and all the other columns. I need to show the invoice numbers individually. I use excel 2021 and don't know how to set it up to show how I want it to display on my report. One workaround is to add date issued to the first column again but that messes up my report and doesn't look professional. Any help would be appreciated. All I can find is how to remove duplicates. In my case I need to show them

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
With a normal pivot it can't work, since you have the invoice number in the values section.
When you move to data model and power pivot, you can actually create a measure for it that concatenates the invoice numbers.
Mr Excel has done a video on that a while ago. But you can find it back on YouTube.

Upvote 0
With a normal pivot it can't work, since you have the invoice number in the values section.
When you move to data model and power pivot, you can actually create a measure for it that concatenates the invoice numbers.
Mr Excel has done a video on that a while ago. But you
I appreciate your reply. However when I get a customer 20 times a month I don't want 20 items showing up on 1 row. I need it to be a list. What am I missing here. Is there a way I could do that with formulas and power query? Sorry for my misunderstanding
Mr Excel has done a video on that a while ago. But you can find it back on YouTube.

Upvote 0
I figured it out. Just put a space behind customer name wherever the duplicates are in your data and it works exactly how I want it to. You notice nothing in your pivot table

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back