Hyperlinks difficult to see

T. Valko

It is very difficult to distinguish hyperlinks from normal text.

In this post:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?640917#post3181163

The string "this page" is a hyperlink but it it almost indistinguishable from the normal test.

I think hyperlinks need more contrast from normal text.

Also, how can you post a link to a specific post in a thread and have only that post be displayed?

For example, this url syntax used to display ONLY the specific post in the thread:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2118912&postcount=1

However, in this new forum format that no longer seems to work. The link displays the specific post at the top of the window but also displays the rest of the thread.

I've noticed that the URL color is a bit subdued also. Good point (some users might find this confusing). Inside of quotes they become all but invisible.

For linking directly to a post (rather than a thread) I think you can still use BB post tags, which is what I've always done in the past.
See the POST tags as explained here:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode#post

Note: to get the post ID I usually mouse over the post number at the top right of each post - then look at the status bar of my browser which gives the full URL with the post ID in it (a seven digit number).

^^ Oops, I see you don't want that. You want the one and only post to display. I'm not sure on that one. We'll have to see if someone else has a tip on that. For what it's worth, I think it's good enough to since either way the user is taken right to the post you want them to see. And it saves them the trouble of having to go an extra step to display the rest of the thread if they want more context from it.

Last edited:
That ability is no longer part of the software. It was removed for search engine optimization. You can create a link that jumps to a specific post in a thread, but not to show just the one post.

That ability is no longer part of the software. It was removed for search engine optimization. You can create a link that jumps to a specific post in a thread, but not to show just the one post.
Ok, thanks.

How about adding more contrast to hyperlinks?

noted. but low priority.

I also felt the links are hard to see. Within my signiture shows manually colored and underlinded links.

That may help others.

Also Biff, I used to only display Hiker95's Post with all the links, now I uses the BB code to jump to the post...

I did test it a bit buggy as a few times the target post was not scrolled as proper as I would like. The post was low on the screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Penapensil

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back