HtmlMaker issues and attempting to post spreadsheet data/image to forum problem

rsiem

Hello:

I attempted to post a forum post to Excel Questions forum and used the “Insert Image” button to copy an jpg image into my post. After clicking on the Post Topic button I looked at the posting and the image shows as binary code . Does not display the image correctly.

Question 1: How to I delete a post from the forum?

Downloaded the HtmlMaker20101230.zip and installed the xla file per instructions. I am using Excel 2010 and I attempted to use the Html generator but nothing happens and no html output file is created. Same for the VBHTMLMaker.xla

Question 2: How do I get the Html Add-In to work with Excel 2010?

Question 3: If I can’t use the Html Add-In, then how do I post a copy of a portion of my Excel 2010 spreadsheet or image of the spreadsheet to the forum?

Thanks

Ron Siem

Hi Ron, I hope something below is useful...

Question 1: How to I delete a post from the forum?
You don't have that option unless you are a Moderator or Admin. PM a Moderator and ask for it to be removed.

Downloaded the HtmlMaker20101230.zip and installed the xla file per instructions
is the HtmlMaker showing when you click the Add-ins tab?

nothing happens and no html output file is created
It doesn't generate a file, you select your data, click Generate Html(use default) and then paste in your thread.
It will appear as Html code but if you click Go Advanced and then click Preview Post it should appear correctly.

How do I get the Html Add-In to work with Excel 2010

are you using 64 bit Office or 32 bit. I think there might be an issue with 64 bit.

Code:
Question 3: If I can’t use the Html Add-In, then how do I post a copy of a portion of my Excel 2010 spreadsheet or image of the spreadsheet to the forum

There is ExcelJeanie and a Borders-copy-paste method (links are in my signature for both) but if you are using 64 bit Office I think you will have the same issue with Jeanie.

If you click Go Advanced there is also an option for creating a table but you have to type the data in manually.

As a last resort there is an add-in that one of the regular posters made and some VBA that another regular poster made which both use BB code.

But if that is the only option then I will have to ask a Moderator if I can post the link as it is on another forum (although the add-in I might be able to post a direct link to (can't remember now))

Please don't, we can't copy and paste the data into Excel and so what you will find is a lot of posters won't re-type the data, they'll just skip the post unless they can see an obvious answer.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmix803

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back