HtmlMaker error comes up each time I open XL.

Bolter LAC

Board Regular
I downloaded HtmlMaker 2.42 to assist with posts and now each time I open XL I get an error message "Htmlmaker 2.42.xla could not be found". Click OK and the error message goes away and does not affect the speadsheet. I had problems downloading the program and it took a number of attempts before success. Why does this error continue to come up?

I had this same issue, I got a little to busy to post on the forums and decided that I would remove the Add-In. After removing the Add-In I would get the same message you describe. I know this post is old, but I just was getting this issue earlier today. Since this is the first link in Google Results, I thought I'd add the solution. It's one of those simple Doh solutions but, Go to your add-in options, and turn off this add-in. Here is a detailed instruction list for Excel 2007:

1) Click the Microsoft Button in the top left off the excel window.
2) Go to Excel Options (Located at the Bottom Right of the Menu)
3) Select Add-Ins from the Left Panel
4) At the bottom of the window Next to "Manage:" Make sure the drop down has Excel Add-Ins selected and click the "Go" button.
5) UN-check the HTMLMaker Add-In check box and click "OK"

NOTE: If you uninstalled HTMLMaker previous to these steps Excel will warn you the it could not find the Add-In and ask you if it should remove the add-in from the add-ins list completely, I removed completely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tdeulkar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back