HTML Maker - Totally Clueless

msohail

Board Regular
Hi, Pls ignore my ignorance.

Have installed the HTML Maker i.e saved it to a directory and then gone to tools _add ins and lots of new add-ins have appeared. Have ticked all my add-ins. I now want to test posting a s/sheet snap to a msg but don't know how to do this. Have looked at related q&A's but to no avail, can u pls give some IDIOT nots on how to progress this. Thanks,

Mohammed

Are you wanting just a general idea of how to use it, or do you not even know where to start?

Just trying to get a feel of how much detail we need to go into :)

Thanq for replying. I am OK to the point where I save the addin to my addin directory and then in excel go to tools_addins and then browse. After this point i can't work out how to paste a s/sheet into a mssg. Thanks,

Mohammed

Well, I saw your post in the test forum, so it looks like you've got the idea at this point :)

But just for the record:
Just select the area you want in the sheet, and run the add in. When it brings up a new browser page, you click the button for 'copy code' and then just paste that into the message box here at the board. Note: Don't click 'preview' if posting HTML Maker code!

Don't panic too much if it doesn't work correctly sometimes when you post a message. Sometimes, it just gives more code than the message box can take, and will go a bit wonky. Just edit your message to take out the code, and try a smaller selection from your sheet.

Hope it helps,

Thanks Kristy. I've figured the thing out now. Now u can probabaly help with the actual problem I was trying to report, pls c my post on excel q's. Thanks,

Mohammed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaskin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back