html maker not working

jim may

Several Weeks back I downloaded and successfully uploaded a ss
to the forum; Today, not so.
After going thru the exercise ansering Yes, and OK
My browser Opens, BUT Window is BLANK ?? assigning
C:\MSO2002\Office10\Addins\temp.htm in the address box
Is there anything I should do before reinstalling?
TIA,

I don't recall ever hearing anything like this before.

The only thing I can think of at the moment would be to ask if you have recently installed SP2 for Windows XP? It installs a popup blocker into Internet Explorer that could possibly affect what you're seeing. When I try it, it tells me that it is "restricting file from showing active content that could access your computer." You can click on the bar and tell it to allow it to run, but apparently this has to be done every time.

HTML Maker on XP, not showing after being blocked

I also have the same issue. I have XP and it says "to help protect your security, IE has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer.Click her for Options"....I click for the options and select "Allow Blocked Content" and the Window opens to a temp file and nothing is in the Open Window on IE but if I go to source code, I can see the source code, but when I copy it and paste it into the message board, it does not show my excel sheet it shows only a message(I posted what it shows on the Test Board - "Test Average Weight")and then the message board redirects me to post a reply to the message I was posting.

If someone knows how to get around this, please let me know. Thanks

You do *not* post the actual source code of the sheet--it will not post correctly.

After you post a message, the board will automatically re-direct you to the thread you just posted to after a couple of seconds. I've seen your posts in the test forum (but deleted them without looking at the posted code), and saw that the "Quick Reply" window was displaying in the wrong place--I'm assuming this is what you mean by "the board redirects me to post a reply to the message I was posting."

Basically, the code you posted is causing the page to display incorrectly (I have since deleted those posts from the test forum).

I don't have XP on the computer I'm on at the moment so I can't really check this out--but going from memory, when the popups are blocked and the message appears at the top of the IE window I believe there is an option to "*always* allow blocked content from...," is there not? If yes, go ahead and select that so you should not have to do that every time.

Also, have you tried refreshing the page or running the addin again after getting past the IE popup?

At any rate, the code you should use is generated by the HTML Maker add-in, but NOT the source code of the page--you can click the "View Source" button that displays on the page and it should then display a text box with the generated code. Just copy it from there and paste it into the sheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michellehoddinott

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back