Html error

joelnichols

Office Version
  1. 2003 or older
Platform
  1. Windows
I looked thru the posts and read the FAQ. I cant find my answer. When I run the maker I get a compile error. I have no missing references. The error says "can't find project" and in the code a "left" cmd is highlighted. Whats the prob?

Thanks

Hi, Joel,
but it is in the FAQ
"Error: "Compile error.", "Can't find project or library..."
Exit the HTML Maker and open the Visual Basic Editor by pressing Alt+F11. Once in the editor, go to the Tools menu and select References.
If there are any references that start with "MISSING," uncheck them and start the HTML Maker again. "

kind regards,
Erik

EDIT: perhaps you need first to click the STOP button, else references is greyed out

I get this error at my workplace the first time whenever I open Excel. I do what is suggested in the FAQ. Stop the code from the running, then uncheck the references for MISSING.

However, when I try to (re)name a range I get the same error can't find project or library. Any solution to that? I'm using Excel 2003/11 SP2 and I don't get this error at home where I'm using Excel 2002.

Thanks.

don't know who will see this message since you replied in an existing post

Your the first who is talking about the same problem as I had once.
Never knew why it occured, didn't bother, "suddendly" it wasn't there anymore, so don't know how I accidently solved this.
didn't find a solution on the board
using version 10.0

you could PM to Von Pookie or Nateo for this stuff and ask them to take a look here

kind regards,
Erik

thanks, Kristy !

this one (about "Left") was known to me, but I'm sure the problem was something different: can't reproduce it now (and not mad about that :) )

kind regards,
Erik

OK, so the saving the code thru VBA after removing the MISSING reference was the key. Now, I don't get that annoying error anymore.

Thanks, Von and Erik.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parlapalli

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back