Html Addin Problem

DougStroud

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
If this is not the correct location, sorry, please advise.

I have installed Html Addin and it runs correctly up until I try and view source; for the purpose to copy and paste in my post.
I have read the FAQ section of Von Pookie and found what I believe to be the problem, but cannot find the cure.
Here is what I believe to be the issue:
I am unable to copy the generated code to the clipboard.
As was discovered by board member Parry: "If you have installed Windows XP Service Pack 2 , a Pop-Up blocker is installed as part of the pack and by default this will block active content.

When you select your cells and run HTML Maker it will create an HTML page of your image as expected, but the pop-up blocker will prevent you copying the code when you click the button to send Source to the clipboard. Simply click on the pop-up security information bar, then select Allow Blocked Content and you can now copy the HTML to the clipboard."

But I do not find anything anywhere to disable the pop-up blocker. I do not see a pop-up security information bar.

Maybe this is different or maybe I am missing something. I am using Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Doug S.

Might be as easy as this:

Click Tools --> Popup Blocker --> Turn Off Popup Blocker

Well, the answer was as you said. But there was a peculairity in this issue.

I did go to tools and Pop-up blocker was not activated, so I activated it.

Then I went back to Excel Html and when I the sheet to convert I received a notification that there is a security issue. So I then instructed the program to allow it and Html was allowed to do its thing, and it worked as expected.

But here is the sticky part, when I went back to Tools and turned off the Pop-up blocker I still got a security notification requiring me to select and allow for this to transpire.

Wonder how to set this up so that I do not need to instruct the program to allow it or that it is not required.

Thanks for you help on the inital issue.

Doug S.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michellehoddinott

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back