Howdy from a long lost Excel user

shades

Greetings. I have not been on the board since March 2008. Came by tonight just see what has happened and greet some of the old timers.

I have been serving as Seminary President and since August 2011 also as pastor of a small Lutheran church in Southern California. Obviously this means I don't have much time for Excel. But occasionally I miss the environment and the learning that when on here.

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Re: Hpwdy from a long lost Excel user

Hi Rich,

Good to see you drop by. Life often gets in the way of forums...

Denis

Heya Rich!

Glad to hear you're doing well!

Nice to hear from you again. Sounds like a busy life. Glad you found time to say hi.

I am not the best VBA programmer, but certainly enjoy it and the environment. I'd likely program all the time if it was all up to me.

But God certainly is creative in showing us the various ways our imperfect lives can be used for Him.

Chuck

This past weekend my wife and I drove the 60 miles or so of the Parkfield Grade road from Coalinga to Parkfield, CA. Only saw a couple other cars the whole way. Bit dusty and dry but in places very beautiful and quite remote. We like that stuff as I used to have an even more remote piece of property elsewhere in N. Cal.

At times in the past while engaged in persevering through that realm of spiritual warfare like I am sure you can relate, I often forgot about Mark 6, 31. Even though this last weekend was just 2 days, it was like a mini-vacation. We like driving through/exploring places like that, and may take another remote venture this Labor Day weekend.

Is it like very a cow boy movie scenery the place you went too?

I went to California in my teens and what I liked was that there were some roads where you could really 'DRIVE' your car and push it.

Unlike in the UK ... there are only a few roads and a lot of police so you really can't 'DRIVE' your car apart from cruise at 30 mph...!

Is it like very a cow boy movie scenery the place you went too?

I went to California in my teens and what I liked was that there were some roads where you could really 'DRIVE' your car and push it.

Unlike in the UK ... there are only a few roads and a lot of police so you really can't 'DRIVE' your car apart from cruise at 30 mph...!
It was exactly like that. We only saw 2 cars during one 50 mile stretch, and no other people. Winding road through the rolling hills with occasional cows and deer. Very long distant views with only a few houses as majority of the parcels of land there are likely very large ranches. Extremely quiet except for the breezes through the pines and oaks when the road got up to 3500 feet elevation or so. A very secluded smaller ranch for sale there near the top. Even though it was a windy road, was quite narrow in places so one couldn't really DRIVE on that road, so we drove slow observing the views. It was a very beautiful drive. You could see that remote road on Google Earth or Google Maps.

I used to drag race in the 1970-80's. Was more into the acceleration than the cornering thing back then. Coincidentally yesterday I did briefly look at YouTube links "Why they make nitromethane" just to hear the crackle/rumble of the motors again - once it's in your blood... Although these days I dream more about being a cowboy than a racer. Age can do that - lol.

Although these days I dream more about being a cowboy than a racer

Then you should definitely come check out Crested Butte if you ever get the chance! Twice a year ranchers move their cattle through town on the way to summer pasture in the high country. And I fondly remember cowboying up here in the 90's and riding our horses in from high camp on Friday nights to hit one of the local watering holes. The town bike racks make for good hitching posts.

And of course, there's lots of scenic driving to be done.

For a nice drive in your neck of the woods I'm sure you've been up around Skyline drive? I used to love having to ride from Boulder Creek to our Burlingame office.

Crested Butte sure looks like a very nice place. Definitely out in the toolies up around 9000 ft! Looks more remote than Boulder Creek for sure. A whole different way of life. I grew up in Minnesota and had a remote cabin off the grid in the Mendocino National Forest for about 10 years. Only USA National forest that does not have a paved road through it. Lots of real cowboys there too. So I miss that kind of stuff now that I'm living in the cement cities.

We do like the Skyline drive for sure as it is the closest way to get up into the real trees. That would be a nice drive everyday you had to Burlingame. Dozen years ago my wife worked on Ogden Drive in Burlingame. Now she works downtown SF right on Market street. Buildings are taller than the trees there. Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to work there - lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fahad_ibnfurjan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back