how to use this forum easily?

bluefrog

As a new user, after i joined a thread or post one here, whenever i log on it again, i couldn't find the easy access on a panel, is there a place somewhere for me to access my related thread?

I also find the "subscribed threads" link the best way to follow your posts. Be sure that under Settings | My Settings | General Settings | Messages and Notifications you don't have "do not subscribe" as the default option for subscriptions. Probably you want either "control panel only" which means you can check for changes to subscribed threads when you come to the site, or "Email instantly" which means you also get an email when someone makes a new post in a subscribed thread.

Hi, if i have the right setting, for those thread I have replied to but created myself, would also be subscribed to automatic?

Hi, i did not change any settings when i joined the forums, and every thread i start or post in, i am the subscribed to :)

You can't. You have a 10 minute window to edit your post but you cannot delete one.

Alright, so what if i posted something that's unnecessary and want to delete it? By the way, what you mean by 10 minutes window to edit?You mean each time i log onto my posted post, it allows me to edit within 10 minutes i logged on?

Hi Bluefrog,

I think what RoryA means is when you make a post, you have 10 minutes to edit it, after this 10 minute 'window' (period of time) you are no longer able to edit/change/modify your post.
To have something changed or deleted perhaps you would contact a Moderator or Forum admin

Alright, so what if i posted something that's unnecessary and want to delete it? By the way, what you mean by 10 minutes window to edit?You mean each time i log onto my posted post, it allows me to edit within 10 minutes i logged on?
As galvinpaddy has confirmed, you have 10 minutes after you make a post to edit that post.

After that, if you realise that you have ..

- posted somebody's personal details that you shouldn't have, or something obscene or defamatory or otherwise breaches the forum's rules, then click the 'Report' button at the bottom left of that post and explain the situation. The Moderators can then review the post and modify or delete it as they see fit.

- posted something that isn't necessary or isn't quite right, then just reply to the thread with another post yourself and explain the deficiency of your earlier post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziMacca

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back