How to tell a user which invoice to use or select it for him

MSOfficeuser

I have five reports as invoices. One of them lists all the items, with a subtotal of items, a shipping charge, and an invoice total. This is the standard invoice. This invoice is named just INVOICE.

Three of our customers require an invoice for the items shipped, and a separate invoice for the shipping charges. We have to accomodate their system or not get paid for the shipping cost. These can be identified by the customers' names. I could add a field in the Customers table identifying such customers, or just use the three names. These invoices are named SHIPPING ONLY INVOICE and ITEMS ONLY INVOICE.

Another invoice has a dollar amount as a discount. These orders have SPECIALPRICE field, which is the order total that was agreed to. The invoice used for this is named SPECIALPRICEINVOICE.

The final category applies a percentage DISCOUNT to the order total. These orders have the percentage shown in its field in the orders table. This invoice is named DISCOUNTINVOICE.

I have reports as invoices that do the job for any of these types of order, but I don't want the user to choose which invoice, or invoices, in the case where the two separate invoices are required. I would very much prefer not to use list or combo box to identify what type of invoice(s) will be used, based upon having entered a money amount or a percentage, but have this shown for the user on the separate invoicing form.

As I mentioned, the two separate invoices could be related to the three customers who require this, but I can't figure out a connection to show which invoice to display for a customer who receives either a money amount or a percentage discount. This would somehow have to relate to the unique po number that has an entry in the SPECIALPRICE or percentage discount field.

The query for each invoice uses the customer po number as the criterion for which invoice to display--the current po displayed on the form. I want to find a way to tell the user which command buttons to click--both shipping alone and items alone for the three customers who require this, the regular invoice, or one of the two discounted invoices.

The criteria are three customer names from that table, and either a percentage or a money amount in the orders table related to a po number.

As I described this it sounds evwn more complicated than perhaps it is. Too much for me!

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Re: How to tell a user which invoice to use or select it for

Maybe you could handle it by having a field in the Customers table called InvoiceOption -- integer, with options 1, 2 or 3, and required.
Then, a you create a new client, you get the users to select the appropriate option from a combo box (with useful descriptive text). No selection, no new client record.
Behind the scenes, the user selects the Print Invoice button, to which you have code nominating which report (Invoice) to open. Such as...

Code:
Select Case [InvoiceOption].Value
  Case 1
    DoCmd.OpenReport "Invoice type 1", acPreview
  Case 2
    DoCmd.OpenReport "Invoice type 2", acPreview
  Case 3
    DoCmd.OpenReport "Invoice type 3", acPreview
  Case Else
    MsgBox "Can't print until you tell me which invoice tyep to select!"
    Exit Sub
End Select
Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back