How to sort blank date field in a query

sabrecoach

Good morning everyone,

I'm presently working on a small data base that include vacations date of my employees

In a query that I builded, I've got their names, other fields and date choosen. I'd like to choose those date if they are higher or equal to the present date. It seem like there's a bug with blank date (some employees have 3 weeks, others 4 or 5 ). If it's blank in one field (let's say third week of vacation), it doesn't show data of those having only two weeks of vacation.

Can someone help me with this

Thanks

Patrice

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Patrice

Can you explain your layout further?

And perhaps post the SQL for your current query. (Goto View>SQL view when in query design)

Upvote 0
My layout is like this

Empl.#-- Firstname -- Name -- Week1 -- week 2-- .....week 6

SELECT [Informations de base].Prénom, [Informations de base].Nom, [Informations de base].UB, [Informations de base].[Date d'embauche], [Vacances 2005].[Semaine 1], [Vacances 2005].[Semaine 2], [Vacances 2005].[Semaine 3], [Vacances 2005].[Semaine 4], [Vacances 2005].[Semaine 5], [Vacances 2005].[Semaine 6]
FROM [Informations de base] INNER JOIN [Vacances 2005] ON [Informations de base].UB = [Vacances 2005].UB
ORDER BY [Informations de base].[Date d'embauche];

I just want to make sure that i've got displyaed only those weeks wich are after the actual date.

Upvote 0
How about a small example of data and result expected?

And also an example of when it doesn't work as wanted.

By the way you really shouldn't have 6 fields for the weeks - you should have one field for whatever data is in those fields and another indicating week 1-6.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssmith04

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back