How to simplify this formula?

BrettOlbrys1

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
=IF(B3="","",IF(Q3>0,COUNTA(UNIQUE(FILTER('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$AB:$AB, ('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$B:$B>=$B$1)*('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$B:$B<$B$2)*('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$O:$O="VALIDATED")*('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$I:$I=H3), ""))),0) +
IF(R3>0,COUNTA(UNIQUE(FILTER('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$AB:$AB, ('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$B:$B>=$B$1)*('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$B:$B<$B$2)*('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$O:$O="VALIDATED")*('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$I:$I=I3), ""))),0) +
IF(S3>0,COUNTA(UNIQUE(FILTER('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$AB:$AB, ('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$B:$B>=$B$1)*('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$B:$B<$B$2)*('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$O:$O="VALIDATED")*('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$I:$I=J3), ""))),0) +
IF(T3>0,COUNTA(UNIQUE(FILTER('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$AB:$AB, ('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$B:$B>=$B$1)*('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$B:$B<$B$2)*('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$O:$O="VALIDATED")*('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$I:$I=K3), ""))),0)

Other than the beginning IF statement, all of the statements are the exact same except for the BOLDED items. How can I shorten this formula?

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Here is a start...you can use the LET function to assign the repeated elements to short-name variables.
Excel Formula:
=LET(
colAB,'Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$AB:$AB,
colB,'Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$B:$B,
colO,'Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$O:$O,
colI,'Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$I:$I,
BOfltr,(colB>=$B$1)*(colB<$B$2)*(colO="VALIDATED"),
IF(B3="","",
IF(Q3>0,COUNTA(UNIQUE(FILTER(colAB, BOfltr*(colI=H3), "")))) +
IF(R3>0,COUNTA(UNIQUE(FILTER(colAB, BOfltr*(colI=I3), "")))) +
IF(S3>0,COUNTA(UNIQUE(FILTER(colAB, BOfltr*(colI=J3), "")))) +
IF(T3>0,COUNTA(UNIQUE(FILTER(colAB, BOfltr*(colI=K3), ""))))
))
But let me ask...are you certain of the logic in the last step? That has the potential to double count rows, if for example the H3 and I3 conditions are both satisfied (which means H3=I3=column I) when the Q3 and R3 criteria are met (then you'll count the same row twice). That may be okay...I don't know what your data look like.

Upvote 0
Perhaps...
Excel Formula:
=SUM(
     (Q3:T3>0)*
          DROP(
               REDUCE("",H3:K3,LAMBDA(a,b,HSTACK(a,COUNTA(UNIQUE(
                    FILTER('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$AB:$AB,
                         ('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$B:$B>=$B$1)*('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$B:$B<$B$2)*
                         ('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$O:$O="VALIDATED")*('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$I:$I=b),0)))))),,1)
)

Upvote 0
Or this. Should do the same as #3 but shorter.
Excel Formula:
=SUM(
     (Q3:T3>0)* BYCOL(H3:K3,LAMBDA(b,COUNTA(UNIQUE(
           FILTER('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$AB:$AB,
                 ('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$B:$B>=$B$1)*('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$B:$B<$B$2)*
                         ('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$O:$O="VALIDATED")*('Table - Acts Combined_SOBO_2023'!$I:$I=b),0))))))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back