How to perform a simulation in Excel (Iterate through multiple test scenarios)

us338386

I have a very complex set of formulas which take in two static numeric input parameters, and results in two values. For example:

Input Parameters (B1, B2)
Salespeople Profit Margin

Output Values (B3, B4)
Revenue Profit

I manually manipulate my two input parameters, and the program outputs Revenue and Profit, based on the two inputs entered. Nothing special here so far.

However, I want to chart out -lots- of different scenarios based on changing the input values and then chart out the results for each scenario. I plan on manually populating the input values myself in the results worksheet, but am looking for a way in Excel to not have to cut/paste hundreds of scenarios (and cut/paste the results as well) back into the results sheet. I am not looking to 'solve' to a minimum or maximum or optimum value. I just want a big spreadsheet of the results (which I intend to graph and perform some data discovery).

I want to run a simulation on a separate worksheet which iterates down my previously chosen input parameters (Salespeople, and profit margin), and then tells me what the results are (revenue, profit) 'as if' I manually did each scenario and recorded it down myself. For example, here is my results worksheet which displays a few scenarios I have pre-defined and want a way to automatically populate C and D.
A B C D
Salespeople Profit-Margin Revenue Profit
1 5%
2 5%
3 5%
4 5%
5 5%
1 10%
2 10%
3 10%
4 10%
5 10%
1 15%
2 15%
3 15%
4 15%
5 15%
etc.

Is there an easy way to do this in Excel without having to learn VBA?

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spasmex97

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back