How to...open a workbook and cut data selected by column title

Kris with a K

Hi folks,

I work in health analysis and i am working on analysis of waiting lists.

I have built an analysis sheet where the relevant data can be pasted, what i now need to do is to work out an easy way to strip the data from another sheet. This is essential as the tool will be make available to others in the health service.

So for instance.. the analysis sheet is called "queue analysis" and the data i want resides in a sheet called "queue data", i dont expect the analysis sheet to change titles but the "queue data" sheet may change so i may need this to be a variable in any code constructed.

1. The "queue data" sheet has 13 worksheets in date order (as week beginning "19th October") the names of the sheets will change over time but i expect will still be arranged in chronilogical order.

2. The data i want to strip is an entire column whos title may vary but could contain the titles like "new ways", "waiting time" but i would rather this was a variable that could be selected by the end user.

I would then like to paste into the sheet called "cut queue data" within the "queue analysis" workbook, with the cut data from the first sheet in cell "A2" the data from the second sheet in cell "B2".

This is my first post on here and this is my first attempt to discribe an Excel problem i am having. I have used these boards as an information source in the past and i am bewildered by the knowledgeable folk useing them.

One other minor point, if you post code could you please describe what each section is doing so i can begin to learn myself.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back