How to make the spreadsheet blank

Achuil Miading

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I wanna know how one can make the spread sheet blank with no lines and also changing the colour of the background

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Welcome to the forum!

Click on the triangle between the 1 and A to select the whole sheet. Then use the Fill tool to pick your selected background color. The lines will disappear when you do this too.

1615911994287.png

Upvote 0
Welcome to the board!

To hide the lines go to the View-tab of your Excel ribbon and uncheck the Gridlines check box. From the same menu you can hide the formula bar and headings as well.

To change the background select the area you want to change the background to (you can select the whole sheet by clicking the small triangle in the top left corner of your worksheet, right above the row 1 and left from the column A headers) and use the Fill Color dialog ("paint bucket") on the Home tab to choose the color you want.

When you change the fill color of the cells you might want to make sure your text color is still easy to read.

Upvote 0
Thank you for that. But I cant see some tabs on my excel sheet. Its only home tab and file tab the rest are not there. How do I get them back. Please help.

Upvote 0
Try right clicking one of the tabs you see. Select "Customize the Ribbon". From the Customize the Ribbon menu (on the right) check all the tab names you want to see in your ribbon. The pane on the left will let you add new commands to your ribbons.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
P_Wood

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back