How to list file names in a folder directly, including subfolders and zipped files?

vbavba

Hi,

I want to to be able to list the full file names and format (pdf/msg/word/excel) in an excel file, including subfolders and zipped files. Can someone help?

The most important is that I can get the file names of a zipped folder without unzipping.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
There's a very nice article - and code - that addresses your request, although I'm not sure if it covers zipped files:

[h=2]"Excel VBA, Find and List All Files in a Directory and its Subdirectories
[/h]<header class="details clearfix"><time class="detail left index-post-date" datetime="2014-05-29">May 29, 2014</time> by azurous in Excel

</header>Previously in the article Find and List all Files and Folders in a Directory I’ve explained how you can use VBA to find and list all the files and folders in a specific directory. In this article I will explain how you can do the same, only this time you will get all the files in that directory and all its subdirectories. I will be using a recursive call to one my functions in order to implement this."

Excel VBA, Find and List All Files in a Directory and its Subdirectories - VBA and VB.Net Tutorials, Learning and Programming Services

Cheers,

tonyyy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alchavar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back