How to Ignore Prev Command ???

StevenSkinner

Hello,

Don't Know if anyone can Help ?

I need to ignore the prev command i.e if a user closes the current form via the Toolbar Close Button (Not Form Close Button), then I know that they have closed the form the wrong way (i.e. Not used the correct button). So I need a line of VBA that ignores the prev request ???

Any Ideas ??? :(

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Hi Steve
I'm not sure which version of Access you are using or whether this will help but in Access 2000 under Tools -> Startup you can turn off the toolbars and other things at startup. Also, if you have a look at the MDE functionality (see here, available under Tools -> Database Utilities -> Make MDE file) you can lock down things like user access to the underlying VB code, the form & report design and so forth. I suggest you try this on a copy of your database and heed the MS warnings about version control - converting a database to an MDE version is a one-way process.
HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0
Thanks Andrew - The only problem with that is that I need that Toolbar.

I need the toolbar because it has a close button on it, which is needed when the user goes into a table (View Only) or report - but I do not want them to use this button when in a form ???

Any Ideas ???

Upvote 0
You could unload the toolbar when the form opens and put it back afterwards. Little rough but it'd work.

Mike

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragananthony7911

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back