How to identify code in post?

DougStroud

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
I cannot find how to mark part of my post to indicate it is VBA code? Could someone point me in the right direction to do this?

Thanks,

doug

When you're typing your message, in the formatting bar you'll see a # <> and a page with "php" written on it. Highlight your code and press the #

I think that is what I am missing, where the formatting bar is.... probably blind as a bat, but I only see those Post icons at the bottom of the message box.

You can us the VBHTML maker which will render your code as you see it in the VBE, or you can use Code tags (make sure to remove the spaces:

[ code ] Your code goes here [ / code ]

HTH,

Note: I'm gonna' move this to the About the Board forum.

Thanks Smitty.

Okat, but still need to find the format toolbar. I have not been on the board since the new bb format has been updated.

I cannot find where to change font colors, etc... so I am assuming that is all in the same location.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug

If you hit Go Advanced you should find more options to format your post.:)

Mind you it might be quicker/easier to add the appropriate tags manually.

That is what I thought, but I cannot find that button or link. I did a search on the page for "Go" and "Advanced" just to see if I was missing it, but the search function does not turn up anything for either.

I checked my User CP, thinking maybe I needed to turn on an option, but cannot find anything there relating to this feature.

Sorry, know this is a trivial issue, but I like having the functionality to help clarify my posts.

Thanks,

Doug

Here's a small hint - scroll down do the bottom of any thread.

There should be 2 buttons in grey, one on the left captioned 'Post Quick Reply' and the other 'Go Advanced'.:)

I see those two buttons. Clicking on either of them produces a response to click on one of the quick reply options, which for one, I only see one reply button. Then if I select reply, the two buttons change to submit reply and preview post and go advanced is no longer available.

I sure like the old forum better, but I realize it was slower....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamdan17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back