how to get from here to there

killerleaf

Board Regular
ok, I am really really new at all of this,... :rolleyes: and I really am stumped how to get this to what I want it to do.... :oops:

here is what I want:

I want to run a query (be able to have a box pop up to input query) (query fields would be any of the fields in the table) (it would pull records from a table already populated) then it would pull all matching records into a form, where I can find the one I want, so I can enter data via the form, and then put the completed record into another table.

It needs to be seamless, if at all possible, because the people who will be entering the data just want to be able to click and enter the data.

Any and all help is really appreciated!!

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
just as a point of clarification:

I know how to do a query, I know how to do a form, but I don't know how to get to work....I have this feeling that I need to break the process down into smaller steps or something, but I just am not seeing it. :pray: :pray: :pray: please, please help!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I'm not sure I understand your question.. you basically want a form based on a query, that you can input data into, and then append your finished record into another table? Please clarify what you want to do.

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm over simplifying but why don't you just use the form's properties to set the RecordSource to the Query?

Or it you're filtering by one (or maybe two) straightforward criteria use the filter by form tool?

Upvote 0
thank you! like I said, I am very new at this, and did not know you could set the recordsource like that....I will give this a try!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBulinski1975

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back