How to fix the location of field in reports ?

mrchonginhk

I have a table containing 3 fields:-

Customer Name, Invoice No. Invoice Amount
Some customer has 1 invoice while others have 2 to 10 invoices for one customer.

I now need to print out a statement and I have created a report printing out one statement for each customer, and where there are 2-10 invoices for a customer, it list out all in the middle of the page. There should be a summation field showing total sum of related invoice amounts as well. So it looks like this:-

Customer Name
==============

Invoice No. Amount
B0001.........$1000
B0002.........$2500
B0006.........$1500
==============
..................$5000

The report is done. However I have a problem:- These statements have to be printed on PRE-PRINTED statement paper. The paper already fixed where to print the summation total amount (ie the 5000 total must be printed at xx inch from top and xx inch from left of the paper).

is there way to control & fix the location of the fields in my report ?? I should look like this

Customer Name
==============

Invoice No. Amount
B0001.........$1000
B0002.........$2500
B0006.........$1500
==============

..................$5000

The $5000 total must always be printed at xx inch from top and xx inch from left of the paper, no matter whether there is one line only or 10 lines in the list of invoice details.

Pls help..

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Hi,
Have you tried putting the subtotal into the page footer of the report? You mentioned it must be xx from the top margin - so it must also be the page length less xx from the bottom of the page. I suspect the subtotal is in a grouping footer (a grouping such as the customer) instead of the page footer.
HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0
Yes I have tried to put it in the page footer and increase the height of page footer. The problem I encountered is that I could not do summation in page footer for some reason.

Please help !!!! :confused: :confused:

Upvote 0
Hi
My apologies - it's not as simple as using a sum function in the page footer. If you have a read of this article, about half way down is a section heading titled :
Placing sums in the page header or footer.
You might find your answer in there.

However, an alternative method might involve counting the number of records per customer, and inserting a number of carriage returns and line feeds (using "& vbCrLf" without the quotes) based on x carriage returns - the count of records returned to get your subtotal at the same place on each page (within the customer group footer instead of the page footer). I have just thought of this method and have not tried or tested it - the VB pro's might help with the coding of something like that (not my forte).

HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samue Thon Ajaladin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back