How to find duplicate values in one column while checking if a condition in another column is met

Ramadan2512

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
I work on a sheet where i neecd to check if the value is duplicated in the same column "E" and if date for both duplicated value in clolumn "H" is =>TODAY() then return value as "Valid Stream" otherweise keep it clear

i have reatched this formula but unfortunately it has one issue I don't know how ot fix it - it gives me ture if only date in one of the duplicated value is=>TYDAY() not date for both values

=IF((COUNTIF($E$5:$E$100,$E$5:$E$100)>1)*($H$5:$H$100>=TODAY()),"Valid stream","")

can you please check and fix my error

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 6

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Hello, please test:

Excel Formula:
=IF(COUNTIFS(E5:E100,E5:E100,H5:H100,">="&TODAY())>1,"Valid Stream","")

Upvote 0
=IF(COUNTIFS(E5:E100,E5:E100,H5:H100,">="&TODAY())>1,"Valid Stream","")
Thank you so much hgia_sofia for your Help, however when i test it in separate sheet still i get the same error- it give me "Valid Stream" even if only one match has a date >=TODAY() whie i need to be so if both dates for matches are >=TODAY() - Sorry I forgot to say that my worksheet is a table to a range- so when i take it to my table it gives me #SPILL error - can you please make it for a table (my table has 351 rows so far and I add new row every day)

Thank you in advance

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback and it is indeed my mistake; would this work then:

Excel Formula:
=IF(AND(COUNTIFS($E$5:$E$100,E5,$H$5:$H$100,">="&TODAY())>1,H5>=TODAY()),"Valid Stream","")

or

Excel Formula:
=IF(AND(COUNTIFS([CODE],[@CODE],[ISSUE DATE],">="&TODAY())>1,[@[ISSUE DATE]]>=TODAY()),"Valid Stream","")

Upvote 1
Solution
Thanks for the feedback and it is indeed my mistake; would this work then:

Excel Formula:
=IF(AND(COUNTIFS($E$5:$E$100,E5,$H$5:$H$100,">="&TODAY())>1,H5>=TODAY()),"Valid Stream","")

or

Excel Formula:
=IF(AND(COUNTIFS([CODE],[@CODE],[ISSUE DATE],">="&TODAY())>1,[@[ISSUE DATE]]>=TODAY()),"Valid Stream","")
OMG, you are great for 3 days I' trying to reach that result. the first one is working perfectly but the second one appears as text maybe because of my office version 2021 - but one last issue please - when I test the first formula in a small table it works perfectly but when I copy it to my big table it give me empty results - no errors but also no result ... I don't know why

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feeback (the second one was meant for an official Excel table because I was not sure whether you are using one or not), that is good to hear. As far the problem is concerned, it is hard to tell: Are your dates formatted as numbers? Are there some extra spaces?

Upvote 1
OMG, you are great for 3 days I' trying to reach that result. the first one is working perfectly but the second one appears as text maybe because of my office version 2021 - but one last issue please - when I test the first formula in a small table it works perfectly but when I copy it to my big table it give me empty results - no errors but also no result ... I don't know why
perfect - you are a genius really - i fixed the problem it works perfectly wowwwwww
Thanks for the feeback (the second one was meant for an official Excel table because I was not sure whether you are using one or not), that is good to hear. As far the problem is concerned, it is hard to tell: Are your dates formatted as numbers? Are there some extra spaces?
It's really great hagia_sofia I spent 3 days on Stack Overflow to get such formula and tried hundreds of them and you made it very easy - thank you sooooooooo much

Upvote 0
Thank you for the kind words (there are geniuses around here but definitely not me), the most important thing is that the problem has been solved... have a nice Sunday.

Upvote 1
hagia_sofia good morning - can you have a look please to my other question

thank you in advance - witshing you a nice day

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back