how to extract multiple email address in a single cell

badgerms

Hi All,

Anyone can advise how to solve the above.

I have multiple email address in a single cell. But in order to extract them out, I have to do manually one by one.

Is there a way out of this ?

Please advise, thanks

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
If the data is really that simple, then:

1) Make sure the data is all in one column and the columns to the right are empty
2) Highlight the column of data
3) Select Data > Text To Colums > Delimited > Other: ; > Finish

That should do it.

Upvote 0
If all of those email addresses are completely inside of A1 and column B is empty, try this macro to put them all in column B for you:
Code:
Option Explicit

Sub ParseStrings()
Dim MyArr As Variant

MyArr = Split(Range("A1"), ";")
Range("B1").Resize(UBound(MyArr) + 1).Value = _
    Application.WorksheetFunction.Transpose(MyArr)

End Sub

Upvote 0

1) Make sure the data is all in one column and the columns to the right are empty

That should do it.

Hi jbeaucaire

Thanks, the above method works, thank you for your help ! :)

Upvote 0
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME Thanks a tom for info

That should do it.

Upvote 0
With in Similar line of above Post -

Case Details :
I have a sub, which is used to auto generate email, based on information shared in userform.

Email details are maintained in "Source" Sheet, Column E and in Column F, i have given formula (=Proper(Iferror(Left(E2,Search(".",E2)-1),"")) to Extract first name from email address.

Email format : "FirstName.LastName@country.ABC.com" (There will not be any change in Email format)

Using below code in Sub, Which will then be used to dispaly (Dear FirstName,)
EmailTo = Worksheets("Source").Range("A:A").Find(What:=Userform1.Combobox1.value).Offset(0,5).Value

Problem: Till now, there was only 1 email address in single cell, butNow, due to some additional requirement, column E, single cell will have more than 1 Email addressees because of which i got stuck and not able to get the desire result in email body for E.g. Dear FirstName (1st Email) / FirstName (2nd Email) ,

Can anyone, please confirm whether its possible to get the desire results in email body.
If yes - Please share the way out to achieve it.

Upvote 0
To do this using formulas only, we would need to see a very clear and accurate example of all the variations that would be seen in the cells in question. Show us some good examples and we'll see what we can come up with.

Of course you resorting to VBA, Anything is Possible. But it's probably possible with formulas to. Show us the before and the after and we'll see if we can connect the dots.

Upvote 0
Hi Thanks for your revert - Please find below details as requested.

Sheet Name : Source

ABC
1Country ListEmail To
2Country AAmit.kumar@asia.mkassociate.com;Sejal.vyas@algeria.mkassociate.com;nitin.sharan@asia.mkassociate.com=Proper(Iferror(Left(B2,Search(".",B2)-1,""))
3Country BDelly.Dsouza@asia.mkassociate.com;prinu.Patel@asia.mkassociate.com=Proper(Iferror(Left(B3,Search(".",B3)-1,""))
4Country CVikas.Kumar@asia.mkassociate.com;royse.ph@asia.mkassociate.com;Mike.Ros@japan.mkassociate.com;Tejal.Kumar@asia.mkassociate.com=Proper(Iferror(Left(B4
,Search(".",B4)-1,""))​

<tbody>
</tbody>

Initially, when there was requirement of only 1 email address - Which the help of given formula in Row C, I was able to get the First Name.

Which gets captured in email by using the below codes.
EmailTo = Worksheets("Source").Range("A:A").Find(What:=Userform1.Combobox1.value).Offset(0,2).Value

Which then i use in - Olemail = Olapp.createitem(olmailItem) in email body.

For Country A :
Earlier result : Dear Amit, (If single email address is maintained in B2)

Current requirement : Dear Amit / Sejal / Nitin, (Where more than 1 Email address are maintained in B2)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back