How to delete shortcuts

HBomberMan

Hi,

I’ve got some spreadsheets that contain macros that I would like to delete. The reason I want to delete them is that the shortcut keys are really annoying, for example every time I use CTRL+F it tries to run a macro and I get an error message, “The macro xxxxxxxxx could not be found”.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
I have looked in the ALT+F8 menu and I can see the macros in there but when I click on them I get an error saying “Reference not valid”.
<o:p> </o:p>
I have also checked every sheet of every open workbook (and my personal workbook) in the
VBA window but I cannot see a single line of code!!
I have tried changing the shortcut keys but every time I restart my machine they come back!
It seems to me that the macros were a legacy from older versions of the spreadsheets and have been deleted but for some reason the shortcuts are still there.
Does anyone know how I can delete these shortcuts once and for all??!
<o:p>I'm using Excel 2003 btw.</o:p>
Many thanks in advance for your help.
Phil

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Hi,

I’ve got some spreadsheets that contain macros that I would like to delete. The reason I want to delete them is that the shortcut keys are really annoying, for example every time I use CTRL+F it tries to run a macro and I get an error message, “The macro xxxxxxxxx could not be found”.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
I have looked in the ALT+F8 menu and I can see the macros in there but when I click on them I get an error saying “Reference not valid”.
I have also checked every sheet of every open workbook (and my personal workbook) in the
VBA window but I cannot see a single line of code!!
I have tried changing the shortcut keys but every time I restart my machine they come back!
It seems to me that the macros were a legacy from older versions of the spreadsheets and have been deleted but for some reason the shortcuts are still there.
Does anyone know how I can delete these shortcuts once and for all??!
<o:p>I'm using Excel 2003 btw.</o:p>
Many thanks in advance for your help.
Phil

Can this be of any help?

http://www.excelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=17420

Upvote 0
I can see the macros in there
What workbook are they in? If not in the active workbook, the workbook name will appear in the box.

What happens if you select one and click Edit?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sukhman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back