how to create copy of form for same record ID

OccamsShaver

Hello-
I have created an Access database for a research study. I created a form which allows the user to enter patient questionnaire data. Some patients will have completed the same sets of questionnaires on multiple occasions. I am wondering how I can essentially duplicate the questions in the same form (with different variable names, of course) without doing it all manually.
I know nothing about VBA and did the form through the GUI (as I have the few other times I have designed similar databases in the past).

Thank you for any help on this.

OccamsShaver

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
You don't need vba.
run an append query to copy the source record (using the ID)
and append to the target table.
get the new ID (the largest) and open it.

Upvote 0
You don't need vba.
run an append query to copy the source record (using the ID)
and append to the target table.
get the new ID (the largest) and open it.

Thank you, Ranman. I'm not sure that I understood that. I am wanting to set this up so that assistants who are entering data can easily enter a second set of the questionnaires if there are some for a given patient, without having to leave the form.

Upvote 0
The form has different questions for different patients?

Upvote 0
The form has different questions for different patients?

No. There is a set of questionnaires which patients complete before and after an intervention. A small subset of patients will have gone through the intervention several times and that is what I am trying to address in creating the database.

Upvote 0
Okay, I wasn't sure what you meant by a second set of the questionnaire. I suppose you mean just copy the last one (use the same answers). Ranman's answer sounds straightforward to me. If you don't need to keep a history of changes, then you could also just use the last one as is and just update anything that has changed.

Upvote 0
Okay, I wasn't sure what you meant by a second set of the questionnaire. I suppose you mean just copy the last one (use the same answers). Ranman's answer sounds straightforward to me. If you don't need to keep a history of changes, then you could also just use the last one as is and just update anything that has changed.

I apologize that I have not been very clear in explaining the scenario. For patients that go through this treatment multiple times, the answers will not be duplicates each time. For example, if John completes the treatment, he will have data for pre-treatment and post-treatment questionnaires. If Mary went through treatment twice, she will have data for pre-treatment and post-treatment #1 and pre-treatment and post-treatment #2. The questionnaires are the same for each round of treatment, but the responses will not be the same. The vast majority of patients have completed treatment only once, but some have completed treatment several times.
Thanks again for your thoughts and help.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I'm not really sure what your setup is here. If the questions are the same and you don't want to pull up the previous answers, then how is this different from just having the patient take the questionnaire again?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaskin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back