How to Create a MainForm with 2 SubForms

terylgirl

Hello, I'm new to access and I need some help with creating a main form with two subforms, I'd like to filter records based on a selection from a list box of groupnames,(on main form) and have the two subforms show subform1 (from tbl1) projects and subform2 (from tbl2) project updates and somehow link the two subforms so when I select a project in subform1, subform2 shows its updates. I hope that made sense....I really need some help. Thanks! :(

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Hi terylgirl

I think this might help you out...You design your main table and all the tables if any to be linked...Now I'll use examples here to hopefully get what I'm trying to say to you ....
tbl : Hot rods
In this table you list every know hot rods which has color, year, location, and if parts are hard find ( yes/No) check box....
Now you want ones that are located in North America to be in one form and International in another form....
If you built a location table and linked it to the main table hot rods you can use the numbers to get the information to go into another form by using queries....
when using the query wizard chose the table in this one it be hot rods....
then click the double arrow to bring all the information over then click next.
once you've chosen the clor and style of your query...Then click on the view button it looks like a blueish green triangle this will bring you into the design veiw of your query...You'll see columns of all you titles you have such as color, year, location, and if parts are hard find ( yes/No) check box....
Now if you go to location and use the autonumber that you get when you design your tables this will allow you to have North America in one Internationals in another...By doing this
You'll See listed the following field,tbl,sort,criteria,or

In the column where location is goto the criteria line in that column and put this Like "1"

The one is the autonumber that goes with tables and is carry through the rest of query's, forms and so forth...Also the number 1 is the North America and will only bring North America, and so forth...

Now close and save that query you just design and rename it after you close it by right clicking on and changing the name to North America...

Now for the names I used in this change to what you need them to be but when doing the criteria line use Like " and the autonumber " in between the Quotations..

I could give a little bit more info if I knew what you named your columns and the information you wanted to be into different ones from the main table...I built an inventory database from scatch by doing this....Hope this helps if you have any question just let me know

Upvote 0
You might try this. Make a Table witht he information necessary. Next Generate a Query for the data from the Table. Next Create a Report from the Query (if you use the wizard is make shtis much easier than it sounds).

Now you need to insert a Sub Form in the Footer of your form, Use the Wizard which will help you place the contents of your report based on the Query into your form.

I used this and it worked well for me.

Hope this helps. :p

Jack

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kramb

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back