How to count days in range?

jjramirez85

I am looking for a formula that will count the amount of days in a range (column A) when another cell is greater than 1 (column Y) for months Jan-Dec. There will be some days that are not recorded, and other days that are recorded with less than 1, so in our production scenario this isnt a true production day.

The tab contains multiple records within a given day. I only want to count 1 for the day regardless of the amount of transactions on that particular day when column Y meets the criteria.

The dates represent production days. A standard week is 4 days, but some weeks there are 5, so I want the formula to count the days worked during the month. I don't want to manually enter production days since the rest of the file is automated. Also, on some of the Fridays that have transactions, as mentioned earlier, they arent true production unless the output is greater than 1.

I have a table with last day of month by the way
1/31/18
2/28/18
3/31/18
4/30/18
etc...

Currently I have the info in a pivot table with group records and counting based on the sum of the output being greater than 1. I would rather base the formula on the raw data and not the pivot.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back