how to convert certain time to its corresponding PST time

dashing_peep08

Board Regular
1. Can somebody please help me. From time to time I need to convert any given PST (Los Angeles) time to its corresponding Manila (Philippines) time. Say I have 4:41PM PST time = 8:41 AM Manila time. I always have the given PST time then i need to convert it to manila time. They have 16 hours difference. How can i automate this? I can't install a worldclock converter in my desktop. There should be a simple workaround for this or a macro maybe.

2. Or also, is it possible (much better) that I link my excel spreadsheet to a website that will tell me the exact PSt time in los angeles. say in this website (http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/pst.html) then it will automatically convert to Manila time. It's automated in a way.

The second option is just a mere option. Maybe its something high level for me. But option two will already do for me.

many thanks to all of you...

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
If you know the difference between the two time zones (you wrote 16 hours between PST and Manila), just add/subtract that number to get the desired value. So, if in cell A1 you have 12:00 and you know it is PST, in B1 enter =A1+TIME(16,0,0) to get Manila time.

Upvote 0
And if you want to know the time and date (because the date might be different):

=NOW()+TIME(16,0,0)

and obviously format this as something like "mmm-dd-yy h:mm AM/PM"

Your second option isn't as good relative to this but if you wanted to find dates in cities where you don't know the time difference, you could use a web query to bring in a table from, well choose your site. But the resulting date/time will be string/text not an Excel date/time (unless you convert with datevalue/timevalue).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That was great Tushar, thanks for the reply. it's working now. as i expected.

Jabowo, Think i will have a problem with the NOW function as the time as i have in my pc is in Manila time and not the PST time. but sure i got your message and it makes perfect sense as well. thanks to you two...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miles00

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back