1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have sheet1 with headers L1, L2, L3

L1 L2 L3
Benefit ComputationWaiverWaive invoice lines before invoice closure

Another sheet 2

L3L1 L2
Waive invoice lines before invoice closureInvoice Point Based InvoicingIntermediate Invoice Generation
Waive invoice lines before invoice closureBenefit ComputationWaiver

I want a formula in sheet 1 where L3 in sheet 1 should match with sheet 2 based on which it should compute L2 of sheet 1 with sheet2 and share a response if it matches as Yes.

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
This is as clear as mud but here's something:
Excel Formula:
=IF(Sheet2!A2<>0,Sheet2!A2,"")

Upvote 0
I may not have explained it well.

If the L3 values is matching with sheet 2 it should trigger the other formula that matches L2 value from sheet 2 to sheet1.

Basically, I want a formula where if my L3 value is matching with sheet 2 and then it should match with L3 value.

Upvote 0
"trigger the other" function in range("D1") "that matches L2 value from sheet 2 to sheet1"?
You are going to have to be very specific about what you want and where you want it. We are people instructing a computer which has no understanding. All I can do is take your clear instructions and turn them into VBA code or a formula that the computer processes as instructed to do.

I am looking at functions {IF, MATCH, VLOOKUP, XLOOKUP, LEFT, RIGHT, MID, OFFSET} among others.

Do you want this as a VBA script or as formulas?

PROs and CONs of each: VBA vs Formula
Can process everything accurately and extremely fast? Yes vs Maybe, depending on how many rows of data [More data = more time]
Can have multiple cases to coose from per cell relative to another cell? VBA=Yes vs Formula=With greeat difficulty and long formulas

So I understnad your question to look like this in a formula:

Excel Formula:
=IF(CONCATENATE(Sheet1!C2,Sheet1!B2,Sheet1!A2)=CONCATENATE(Sheet2!A3,Sheet2!C3,Sheet2!B3),Sheet2!A3,"")
(

Upvote 0
If you are just looking to copy data from one place to another and it is consistent in method then VBA is the way to go with it. If you define your ambition for the completyed task, we might be able to provide you with a solution to the problem beyond your own knowledge.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back