HOW TO ADD DATE COUNTER?

JESSICA BDI

Hi there. First off, I am a complete newbie when it comes to Excel. At work I have set up a worksheet to keep track of our projects. My boss would like to have some sort of ongoing counter in the sheet that will count from the day an order comes into our office to the day we ship the order out. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? Thanks for the help!

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Welcome to the Board!

Here's an example that might help:
Book3
ABCD
1Order InShip Date# Days
21/1/20064/6/200695
Sheet2

It assumes a "hard" date for the order in/out, then just subtract one from the other to get the number of days between.

Hope that helps,

Smitty

Upvote 0
STILL HAVING A PROBLEM

Ok, when I type in that formula it enters a date, not a number as the result. ??? Also, I have 200 projects, can I calculate the days for all of them at once? And, is there a way that the counter can be on going and change by itself as the days go by, or do I every day have to recalculate? Thanks so much for your help, I know some of this is probably completely obviously to you :-D

Upvote 0
Click on the cell, or better yet, select the whole column, click on Format, Cells, and select either General or Number format on the Number tab.

Not sure what you mean by ongoing, but I would assume the Order In date is set.. and possibly you want to keep counting the days until it is finally shipped out, then stop counting..

use this formula: =IF(B1<>0,+B1-A1,TODAY()-A1)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back