How many make a post then sit and watch to see how many read

Seanzies

Board Regular
There must be more that act like me out there that when you create a post you keep refreshing the page to see how many people have view it.

I get frustrated when I may only 5-10 views and others get 100's.

Does this happen to anyone?

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
What do you mean exactly?:)

It's much more depressing when you get no replies. Either some of my posts are far too easy :oops: to warrant a reply or belong in the "Too Difficult" :roll: tray.

That is why it is very important to use a good Subject title in describing your problem, to make sure that the appropriate people (the ones who might be able to help with that particular problem) look at it.

Other things that affect how many people look at your post include the complexity of the issue and the time of day you post it (some times of the day have more people on-line than others).

Also, if you try to put too much in one question, it may scare people off. You are better off breaking it up into smaller chunks and tackling them one item at a time.

I agree; those with subjects like "Help please" although polite do not target anyones expertise without they open it first.

It's not always easy to sumarise your problem into a six word subject line.

I have the same difficulty when sending emails that are not Joke/humour/Funny/etc. :-D

jmiskey said:
That is why it is very important to use a good Subject title in describing your problem, to make sure that the appropriate people (the ones who might be able to help with that particular problem) look at it.

Other things that affect how many people look at your post include the complexity of the issue and the time of day you post it (some times of the day have more people on-line than others).

Also, if you try to put too much in one question, it may scare people off. You are better off breaking it up into smaller chunks and tackling them one item at a time.

Spot on there.

urgh the two things that annoy me, well only a little anyway. I can't help people as much as I wish i could in this forum but the 2 things that send me running are:

Subject - "Urgent Help Required..."
Who cares if it's urgent, only one person care's if it's urgent so if some spent better time typing out a useful subject lines then more people might bother reading it.

&

Some people can write a book about their problem. I think I am distracted too easy but I get to paragraph two and fall asleep. I know it's not easy to describe some requirements in a forum but with a little thinking most problems can be broken down into segments and solved over a number of days rather than trying to 'fix' everything at once.

Also on the time of day issue, I am in the UK and always post my problems in the afternoon (that would be in the morning for the U.S) which of course is when the most amount of people will be viewing my problem and had I posted my problem earlier in the day, would send my post half a dozen pages back. Maximum exposure :)

Regards
Mark

Another point: "Help Please" doesn't help those people using the search facility even though the topic may be related to their search.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onkey

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back