How does one delete a posting or a reply in MrExcel?

RalphA

At the bottom of MrExcel's posted question list, there is a list of options for the poster, among which, one reads, "You can delete your posts in this forum". But, there is no explanation as to how to do so. When I hiccup and post twice, I would like to delete one of the two. Please, how do I delete a posted reply? What circumstances allow me to? Does MrExcel provide a "How to" for this?

Check you post now, there should be some buttons, Edit, X, and quote. There is a time limit of I think 55 minutes.

I think it said you have to edit your post within something like an hour of when you posted it, or it won't let you any more.

Other than editing your post, selecting the delete button & hitting submit (can't remember how long you have to do this), moderators can delete posts / threads etc & often clean up the duplicates they've noticed. If you've got a duplicate, want it deleted but can't do it yourself, just PM a moderator with a link to the thread & request the deletion. (There is also the 'report' option, but until we've updated the board with the ability to indicate why the thread / post has been reported, the PM option is probably more efficient).

Since no one actually answered, the small "X" button under your name is the one to delete the message.

However, if someone has already made a post after yours in the thread, you will no longer be able to delete it yourself.

Re: How does one delete a posting in MrExcel? RESOLVED!

Thanks to each one of you for helping me by answering my question. I will be more attentive and look for the deletion X, the next time I create this problem. I hope it helps others who might have had my trouble in not finding the deletion method.

I now see the Edit, the Quote, and the X, one after the other, just after I have posted.

I would like to be able to edit one of the posts I made awhile ago, can you tell me how I go about getting finding the edit button please !!!!

Not after the 10 minute editing time has lapsed, no.

If you need to correct something in a post--such as needing to correct code tags, etc. you can report the post and state your reason for reporting it and one of the moderators can fix it for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reelspike

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back