how do I scroll to top of form instead of first field

A Jedi

Board Regular
I have a form that is longer than the screen (vertically - horizontal fits fine). When the user tabs out of the last control it goes to the first control. The focus is on the first control rather than the top of the form. How do I get it to show the top of the form ??

This form also gets used as a tab. I have the same problem there. When you leave the last control you are brought to the first control and can not see the tabs. This will cause EXTREME confusion on the part of my average user. (they will not figure out how to scroll up and get to the next tab)

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Have you given your tab strip a tab index? You can give the whole strip an index but you can't give the individual pages one. Set it to 0 or one higher than your last control.

Upvote 0
Is that control available in Access 97 ( I can't seem to locate it.)

Unfortunately 97 is the newest version we have. (the highest operating system we have is 98 -YUCK-

Upvote 0
Never mind the bit about the tab strip, even the standard tab control has a tab index (or at least it does in Access 2000). Look for it in the properties under "Other". Also make sure you have the control selected and not the pages, as I said the pages can't be asigned a tab index.

Hope that helps,
Giacomo

A Jedi said:
Is that control available in Access 97 ( I can't seem to locate it.)

Unfortunately 97 is the newest version we have. (the highest operating system we have is 98 -YUCK-

Upvote 0
The problem is that I want it to show the Tabs on the top of the page. What it does is go to the first data entry control. The control is just enough below the page so that the tabs dont show up. The tabs at the top of the page don't have a tab value to set - at least not in access 97.

:oops:

------- The dark side is strong in this one ----------

Upvote 0
So after conciderable trial and error :oops: and consultation with YODA (he says it is an Access FEATURE) I have found the problem/answer.

This form was to be later added to anther series of forms. So I started with the tabbed pages and added the two forms as subforms.

The option to use the page tab control disapeares and the subform itself becomes the tab stop. Thus bringing you to the top of form and cutting off the page tabs. :rolleyes:

By copying and pasting the form onto the tab first tab control it works like I would like it to.

Of course it now behaves strangely on the second form. (the focus does not change to the contol you are on - and - the page tab is again missing.)

Probably I will have to ditch using the subform altogeather.

(y)

Thanks for the help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senthil Murugan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back