How do I enter a real hyperlink?

L

Legacy 98055

Since the upgrade, I can no longer enter a standard HTML link in my post. I can use the editor's hyperlink function, but without the friendly name (text). It will only show the URL. Any way for me to do this?

Thanks...

Tom

No problem.:)

Sorry I couldn't actually post the code - the board kept converting it to a hyperlink.:eek:

I have always tried to post using HTML but now all of my pre-upgrade posts are a mess. I'll just stick with BB Code from now on. Thanks again. Good to hear from you... :)

Hi Tom

It can also be done assuming you don't use the full WYSIWYG editor mode: then you should be able to enter hyperlink references as per usual. There is a toggle button in the top right of the reply window that permits you to switch modes.

Hi Richard. Thanks for jumping in...

Here's my problem. I can get the HTML to render. However, the copy to clipboard function that always worked in the past does not work any longer. 1 is the actual posted code. 2 is the result of copying to the clipboard. 3 is the way it used to work. The actual post is in my next reply...

HTML:
<table width="100%" border="1" bgcolor="White" style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient(endColorstr='#C0CFE2', startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');"><tr><TD><font  size="2" face=Courier New>  <font color="#0000A0">Option</font> <font color="#0000A0">Explicit</font> 

<font color="#0000A0">Private</font> <font color="#0000A0">Sub</font> CreateCustomBar() 

<font color="#0000A0">Dim</font> cBar <font color="#0000A0">As</font> CommandBar 

<font color="#0000A0">On</font> <font color="#0000A0">Error</font> <font color="#0000A0">Resume</font> <font color="#0000A0">Next</font> 

Application.CommandBars("My Custom Bar").Delete 
          <font color="#0000A0">Set</font> cBar = Application.CommandBars.Add("My Custom Bar", , , True) 

<font color="#008000">    'this is a comment</font>
          <font color="#0000A0">With</font> cBar.Controls 
                  <font color="#0000A0">With</font> .Add(msoControlButton) 
                          .Caption = "Button Three" 
                          .Style = msoButtonCaption 
                  <font color="#0000A0">End</font> <font color="#0000A0">With</font> 
          <font color="#0000A0">End</font> <font color="#0000A0">With</font> 

<font color="#0000A0">End</font> <font color="#0000A0">Sub</font> 
</FONT></td></tr></table><button onclick='document.all("527200863823627").value=document.all("527200863823627").value.replace(/<br \/>\s\s/g,"");document.all("527200863823627").value=document.all("527200863823627").value.replace(/<br \/>/g,"");window.clipboardData.setData("Text",document.all("527200863823627").value);'>Copy to Clipboard</BUTTON><textarea style="position:absolute;visibility:hidden" name="527200863823627"  wrap="virtual">
Option Explicit

Private Sub CreateCustomBar()

Dim cBar As CommandBar

On Error Resume Next

Set cBar = Application.CommandBars.Add("My Custom Bar", , , True)

'this is a comment
    With cBar.Controls
        With .Add(msoControlButton)
        End With
    End With

End Sub</textarea>

Option ExplicitPrivate Sub CreateCustomBar() Dim cBar As CommandBar On Error Resume Next Application.CommandBars("My Custom Bar").Delete Set cBar = Application.CommandBars.Add("My Custom Bar", , , True) 'this is a comment With cBar.Controls With .Add(msoControlButton) .Caption = "Button Three" .Style = msoButtonCaption End With End WithEnd Sub

Option Explicit

Private Sub CreateCustomBar()

Dim cBar As CommandBar

On Error Resume Next

Set cBar = Application.CommandBars.Add("My Custom Bar", , , True)

'this is a comment
With cBar.Controls
With .Add(msoControlButton)
End With
End With

End Sub

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Greg. Thanks for the reply. I can indeed post my links in the questions forum which is good enough for me... Thanks for the help guys.

One more question. This little bit of embedded script used to allow a copy to the clipboard by parsing out some board idiosynchrocies...

<button onclick='document.all("529200893548136").value=document.all("529200893548136").value.replace(/<br \/>\s\s/g,"");document.all("529200893548136").value=document.all("529200893548136").value.replace(/<br \/>/g,"");window.clipboardData.setData("Text",document.all("529200893548136").value);'>Copy to Clipboard</BUTTON>

It is copying the formatted text from a hidden TEXTAREA control.
It still works but copies all of the code in one line as if there are not any linebreaks... Any thoughts? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamdan17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back