How do I disable HTML for my Thread

mstuf

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Good Morning

I am trying to start a NEW THREAD but I need to show a Formula that Contains some HTML. I have checked the Disable HTML in this Post Box and Disable BBCode in this Post -- but it continues to show as displayed HTML instead of as the Code I need to show to ask my question.

How do I Post code with HTML here and have it show as Code -- not as HTML .

Thanks Again Mike

I'm assuming you're running into problems with using the greater-than/less-than signs and having your formula cut off?

There are 2 ways:
1) Put spaces in the formula between the symbol and the rest of the text
ex. With space between symbol and B1: =IF(A1< B1,B1,A1)

Without using spaces the formula gets cut off: =IF(A1<B1,B1,A1)

2) Put the formula inside code tags (do not need to add spaces):
ex.
Code:
[code]=IF(A1<B1,B1,A1)
[/code]
Using the code tags results in:
Code:
=IF(A1<B1,B1,A1)

Sorry -- I wasnt Clear enough.

I posted this question after deleting my real question because of the way it displayed. My Problem in my post is an HTML Problem - I was trying to post a Formula as text here that has some HTML Code in it. Problem was , it caused that portion of my post to be displayed as Active HTML. So I Deleted the post with my real question and did this post to try to figure out how to post my real question with its code.

I am Attempting to Create an HTML page from Merging cells of a Workbook.

Overview--
Column A is Artist Name
Column B is Title
Column F is a Price Column
Column L is a Description of the item

Each item is in One Row

I want to use
HTML Color and Size tag "&A1&" - "&B1&' End Tag
HTML Color and Size tag "&F1&" End Tag
HTML Color and Size tag "&L1&" End Tag

to harvest info from one row into HTML Code in a cell that I can paste Into another Workbook that I then save as a .CSV and Upload.

Problem 1 -- When I tried to show my real formula Used -- it displayed active HTML ( Black backround -- Red and green Letters etc instead of displaying the code so that someone could see how i am doing my task.
I have the Disable HTML box and the DIsable BBCode Boxes Checked.

Problem 2 and the real reason for my wanting to post the other thread -- The Formula gets LONG -- I see replies of help with Code on Formulas here that are VERY Long. I am Half way thru writing my Formula and Excel is telling me that "Formula is Too Long" I use Excel 2000 - I need to know if its a setting or How to use a Longer Formula.

Thanks for the Reply
Let me know if there is a Way to show what I am doing -- it would probably make Problem two ( The real question ) Clearer -

Mike

I'm afraid my answer will still be the same 2 options as I posted above.

Although if you're wanting to post actual HTML code the easiest route is to put the code inside the code tags. Ex.:

Code:
<font color="blue">Blue text</font>

In short, try putting your entire formula inside code tags.

LOL -- I can be so Dense ! DUH

The First thing I tried was using the Code tags but it didnt work -- with HTML Disabled ALSO they do not work !

So -- I have now Enabled HTML in my post in order to Disable the HTML within my post.

Kind of Like Clicking Start to Shut Down -- LOL

Thanks for Putting up with me

I'll get my question posted on Excel Questions now

Mike

I Love this Board !

...OK? :unsure:

I don't really know what you're talking about but if it works, I guess it works. Though for the record I didn't enable/disable anything to post the string of HTML within the code tags in my example above and it displays as the text string.

I did --

I Made the Mistake of Checking the Disable HTML in this post box and then tried to use the Code tags -- which are HTML -- DUH - LOL

Typed Text HTML examples will still appear as displayed active HTML even when the Disable HTML box is checked - The "Disable" box must just refer to this Boards HTML attributes.

Hope this clears it up -

Thanks again for the Efforts and help --

Mike

I Made the Mistake of Checking the Disable HTML in this post box and then tried to use the Code tags -- which are HTML
Actually, the code tags are BBcode, not HTML ;)

Typed Text HTML examples will still appear as displayed active HTML even when the Disable HTML box is checked - The "Disable" box must just refer to this Boards HTML attributes.
As far as I know it *should* work as you are expecting it to--that is, disable HTML in a post so that the code displays as text--but it is highly possible that it is simply not working. But that doesn't mean it *will.*

We have some things around here that don't necessarily like to work optimally (like the search function, for one example).

I did see your post in the Questions forum, though--appears as text to me, so seems like you're set for now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back