How can I use the Find what: =IF to Replace with: =INT(IF? --- My column has 400 cells.

arthurz11

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Picture4.jpg

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Why don't you manually change the formula in C1 and copy down?

Upvote 0
Why don't you manually change the formula in C1 and copy down?
That was just a sample because I have dollar signs on my equations. Here is one of the actual equations: =IF(OR($B$5=$C$27,$B$5=$D$27,$B$5=$E$27,$B$5=$F$27,$B$5=$G$27,$B$5=$H$27,$B$5=$I$27,$B$5=$J$27,$B$5=$K$27,$B$5=$L$27,$B$5=$M$27,$B$5=$N$27,$B$5=$O$27,$B$5=$P$27,$B$5=$Q$27,$B$5=$R$27,$B$5=$S$27,$B$5=$T$27,$B$5=$U$27,$B$5=$V$27),J1683,0) I have four columns that have over 400 cells that starts differently from all the other columns. I just realized that I needed the integer (INT) formula for each cell. I remember something about using the Find and Replace feature where you can use some kind of symbol to ignore the letters and numbers in between and it will replace =IF to =INT(IF......) so it will add another close parenthesis. I was hoping someone from Mr. Excel would know. I thought it was the "*" but that didn't work. For example: Find what: =IF to Replace with : =INT(IF*). I thought this means that it will replace it and add the close parenthesis at the end of the formula. But obviously, the symbol "*" was not it.

Upvote 0
Your formula can be simplified to this.
Excel Formula:
=INT(IF(SUM(--($C$27:$V$27=$B$5))>0,J1683,0))

Upvote 0
Your formula can be simplified to this.
Excel Formula:
=INT(IF(SUM(--($C$27:$V$27=$B$5))>0,J1683,0))
I really don't want to revised the formula. I just want to use the Find and Replace feature. Right now there's like a ball bouncing back and forth in my brain. Will contact tomorrow. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaskin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back