How can I post an image of a spreadsheet on another forum?

anewc1

Board Regular
Not MrExcel.com, but another message board. I figure there's got to be a way to save an Excel spreadsheet as an image, say a jpg, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks for any help.

Does your computer have the capabiltity to take a picture of the screen?

Many of the other Excel message boards encourage attaching a spreadsheet to the message. Browsing through a few threads should tell you if your site is one of those.

Do you mean as in using "print screen"? That wouldn't work because the spreadsheet is 129 rows long.

Did you check with the Board managers at the other board? They may have a preferred way for you to post.

Your HTML example was WAY too large and was cut off; I had to remove it.

As to the question at hand, some things come to mind:
  • Not that asking about it here is a problem, but: if you are wanting to know how to do this for another board, why are you asking here and not at said "other board?" I just can't figure that out.
  • If the board allows uploading of spreadsheets, you can simply upload your example
  • You can upload your spreadsheet somewhere and link to the file in the post.
  • If your example is 129 rows and print screen won't capture everything at once, you can take several screenshots and then stitch them together in an image editing program (I know IrfanView has a utility to do this automatically, for example). You would then upload the image somewhere and link to it in the post, don't display it with img tags.

I am asking about it here because I know that one of you experts will know how to take an Excel spreadsheet and convert it to a jpg image, so it is an Excel question, not a question for those who know nothing about Excel.

No, frankly, it's not an Excel question. You simply want to take a screenshot of Excel, which has nothing to do with Excel and everything to do with 'how to take a screenshot and make it a jpg.'

My point of why ask here was simply that every board has their own rules for what is/isn't allowed. You could ask there and find out what they would prefer rather than going through all of this trouble and have them not accept it/remove the example or something.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that wasn't allowed here. I just needed some help and no one can help me.

Nono, sorry. You misunderstand me. I'm not trying to tell you you can't ask here--there's no problem with that.

I was simply confused as why you asked here as opposed to asking at the forum you are looking to use the example on :)

But as far as getting a jpg of the screen is concerned, I've already told you everything I can think of to do (take multiple screen shots, stitch together).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wella86

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back