Hover over thread now gone?

MikeWx

As recently as July I could put my cursor on a question topic and see the first few lines without actually opening it. This was nice for determining if I wanted to continue looking at the thread. Was this feature disabled with the new release or do I need to change a setting? I have tried it on different computers, so I don't think it is my PC.

Thanks,

Mike

Works for me to. I think you need Javascript enabled.

Thanks for all the information. I have tried accessing the forum with Firefox and Chrome, along with my original IE 8. Nothing happens when I put the cursor over the questions in the forum. I verified that Javascript was enabled in the IE 8 internet options and even downloaded a new verson of Java. I think it may be internal to my computer, but am still trying to determine the issue.

Mike

Just so I don't overlook the obvious, is the hover feature only supposed to work if you are signed on to the site, or does it also work for a non-member who is just viewing the site? I did determine that it works for me if I sign on. Sometimes I just want to see what is going on and don't sign on; during those times the hover does not work.

Mike

I just logged out and the hover feature no longer worked. Logged back in and it did. So there's your answer I think.

FYI: Javascript and Java are two different things.

I also ran the regsvr32 jscript.dll to enable javascript, with a successful completion message, but still only see the hover feature working after I have signed on to the site.

Mike

Pop up blocker maybe? Possibly check security settings and your antivirus settings (if it was something in your antivirus program might account for this being the same regardless of the browser you use).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kibria

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back